Discord is one of the most popular communication platforms that has gained a lot of traction in recent years. It is widely used by gamers, streamers, and even businesses for various purposes. OBS, on the other hand, is a powerful tool used for live streaming and recording. Combining the two can be a great way to enhance your Discord experience. In this article, we will explore how to use OBS in Discord.
What is OBS?
OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) is a free and open-source software that is used for live streaming and recording. It is widely used by gamers and content creators to stream their gameplay or record their videos. OBS can be used to stream to various platforms such as Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook.
What is Discord?
Discord is a communication platform that is widely used by gamers and content creators. It is a free and secure platform that allows users to chat, voice call, and video call with others. Discord can be used on various devices such as desktop, mobile, and web.
How to Install OBS
Before we start using OBS in Discord, we need to install it. Here are the steps to install OBS on your Windows PC:
- Go to the OBS website and download the installer for your Windows PC.
- Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install OBS.
- Once the installation is complete, launch OBS.
How to Set Up OBS
Once you have installed OBS, you need to set it up for streaming or recording. Here are the steps to set up OBS:
- Launch OBS and click on the Settings button.
- Click on the Stream tab if you want to stream or Recording tab if you want to record.
- Select the streaming or recording service that you want to use.
- Enter the necessary details such as the stream key or the output folder.
- Click on Apply and then OK.
How to Use OBS in Discord
Now that you have installed and set up OBS, it’s time to use it in Discord. Here are the steps to use OBS in Discord:
- Launch Discord and join a voice channel.
- Click on the Settings icon and select Voice & Video.
- Under the Input Device section, select the microphone that you want to use.
- Under the Output Device section, select the speakers or headphones that you want to use.
- Click on the Advanced tab and enable the option to Use Legacy Audio Subsystem.
- Launch OBS and start streaming or recording.
- Switch back to Discord and click on the + icon next to the voice channel.
- Select the Go Live option.
- Select OBS as the application that you want to share.
- Click on Go Live.
Tips for Using OBS in Discord
Here are some tips that can help you use OBS in Discord more effectively:
- Make sure that you have a stable internet connection to avoid any buffering or lagging issues.
- Use the OBS preview window to make sure that everything is working fine before going live.
- Use hotkeys to switch between scenes or to start and stop recording.
- Use a high-quality microphone and webcam to enhance the audio and video quality.
Using OBS in Discord can be a great way to enhance your communication and streaming experience. In this article, we have explored how to install, set up, and use OBS in Discord. We have also shared some tips that can help you use OBS in Discord more effectively. With these tips, you can easily use OBS in Discord and take your communication and streaming to the next level.